Nowadays, the room freshener spray has become a staple item in our pantry. We heavily rely on these chemical products to keep our home fragrant.
What if the flowery scent that occupies your home is actually pretty harmful to your health?
While we believe room fresheners function as an odour remover all they do is induce a pleasant feeling, by temporarily covering up bad smells.
What is the problem in a room freshener?
A room freshener is a concoction of volatile organic compounds – chemicals that can cause or aggravate respiratory problems.
- They release harmful particles in the air that are one of the causative factors of headache or allergies.
- They contain phthalates that are well-known to cause hormonal abnormalities and reproductive capabilities.
- If the room freshener is an aerosol spray, there will be a presence of butane and propane that are flammable substances. (can you show a label from a spray which says inflammable ?)
In short many ingredients in room freshener sprays are:
- Respiratory irritants
- Endocrine disruptors
- Environmental toxins
What is the impact of room freshener on my family and me?
These chemicals can wreak havoc on our body when exposed to more extended periods of time. There is quite a number of health conditions that result from the constant use of these chemical-laden fresheners.
- Many people are allergic to synthetic fragrances and have a constant bout of sneezing till the scent is removed from the place. These chemicals are known to trigger a recurrence of childhood asthma and intensify the symptoms.
- Chemical blends of fragrances are have triggered depression or panic attacks in some people.
- Persistent migraines or cluster headaches are also a common side-effect.
- These chemical filled room fresheners trigger seizures and acute respiratory disorders that also include dizziness and nausea.
How to safeguard?
Experts recommend the following steps to protect you and your family from this hazardous onslaught of these chemical room fresheners.
- Keep open your windows and doors for the fresh circulation of air.
- Dust and clean your furniture and furnishings at regular intervals.
- Regularly clean the corners of your rooms for eliminating the musty odours.
- Use an eco-friendly fragrance that not only functions as an odour remover but is also chemical-free.
What do we recommend?
Use Odo-Rite home freshener, a bio-degradable product that also a chemical-free formulation. Keep your family and home safe by using Odo-Rite that eliminates smells and leaves behind a pleasant fragrance all day.
Call us @ 73387 46646 to know more about Odo-rite and its benefits.